Staff Sgt. Jen Lee of the U.S. Army World Class Athlete Program is backup goalie for the USA sled hockey team that beat Italy, 5-1, and South Korea, 3-0, over the weekend and faces Russia today.
Army veterans on Team USA include:
- Retired Staff Sgt. Rico Roman, of Portland, Ore., who also is on the USA sled hockey team
- Retired Staff Sgt. Heath Calhoun of Clarksville, Tenn., who is competing in alpine skiing
- Former Spc. Joel Hunt, of Kokomo, Ind., scheduled to compete in the men’s standing giant slalom March 15
- Retired Staff Sgt. Bryan Price of Belton, Mo., competing in Nordic or cross-country skiing
- Former Spc. Andy Soule of San Antonio, competing in biathlon and cross-country skiing
- Former Sgt. Jeremy Wagner of Nanakuli, Hawaii, who is competing in biathlon events
- Former Pfc. Patrick McDonald of Madison, Wis., who is competing in wheelchair curling, in which Team USA lost 6-4 to Slovakia and 9-5 to South Korea on March 8. On March 9, they beat Norway, 8-5. Yesterday, Team USA lost 7-2 to Canada and 6-5 to Russia
Read More at American Forces Press Service
You can be a part of our mission to help Veterans by making a tax-deductible donation!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG AND NEWS!
The worst part of war should not be coming home.