Shad Meshad Interview on Veteran Readjustment Challenges – Shade 45 SiriusXM Radio

National Veterans Foundation Founder and President Shad Meshad was interviewed by Jude Angelini on Shade 45 SiriusXM Radio on March 1 about the readjustment challenges many Veterans face.

The interview deals with the readjustment challenges Veterans deal with when they return home from war and the military, including PTSD, military sexual trauma, Veteran suicide and the services the National Veterans Foundation provides to assist Veterans with these issues.

Listen to the interview:

Sirius XM Interview with Shad Meshad on Veteran Readjustment Issues

Shade 45 SiriusXM Radio Jude Angelini with NVF President Shad Meshad

 

The National Veterans Foundation’s mission is about helping Veterans successfully transition from military to civilian life. For about 60% of Veterans this process goes very smoothly. But for the other 40%, that transition is a challenge. For some Veterans, that transition can last many years.

For Veterans who suffer from PTSD, Military Sexual Trauma, Traumatic Brain Injury and other visible and invisible wounds of war, they need support. And that’s what the NVF provides.

As a clinical therapist who started treating combat soldiers in Vietnam, before PTSD was even called PTSD, Shad has spent most of his life treating and advocating for Veterans, both men and women, especially that 40% who need support in their transition.

When a multiple tour combat Vet comes home, he often finds himself dropped back into civilian life with no structure, no mission and with either no support, or the support of friends and family who don’t understand what he’s been through and what he needs to readjust. For many combat Veterans, this leads to isolation, self medication with drugs and alcohol, depression and suicide.

20 Veterans a day are committing suicide in America. This number far exceeds that of the civilian population. It’s an epidemic of suicide. And the National Veterans Foundation is committed to getting these Veterans the support, counseling, benefits and resources they need to put their lives on a path away from suicide and to a successful reintegration back to civilian life.

National Veterans Foundation

The National Veterans Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to serving the crisis management, information and referral needs of U.S. Veterans and their families. We need your help to continue. Please donate what you can to help the NVF continue to serve our Veterans. DONATE NOW!

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG AND NEWS!

By submitting this form, you are granting: NATIONAL VETERANS FOUNDATION INC permission to email you. You may unsubscribe via the link found at the bottom of every email. (See our Email Privacy Policy for details.)

Related Posts

Airstream Renewable

Airstreams Renewables Helping Veterans have Fulfilling Careers

Paratroopers assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division prepare to board a U.S. Air Force C-17 on August 30th, 2021 at the Hamid Karzai International Airport. Maj. Gen. Donahue was the last American Soldier to leave Afghanistan ending the U.S. mission in Kabul. (U.S. Army photo by Master Sgt. Alexander Burnett, 82nd Airborne Public Affairs).

Afghan War Veterans Feel the Impact of US Military’s Withdrawal

about nvf

The More Things Change…the More They Stay the Same

COMING SOON!

THE MAD MAN FILM!

The worst part of war should not be coming home.

CATEGORIES