Job Title: Women Veterans Outreach Coordinator
Hours: Full-Time, Monday-Friday, 09:00-17:00; Evenings & Weekends as Scheduled
Reports To: Director of Operations
Salary: Non-Exempt, Based on Experience
The incumbent will be an integral part of the NVF’s Outreach Department and will work closely with the Community Outreach Coordinator as well as the Resource Department to establish, maintain and strengthen the NVF’s public image throughout Southern California. The Women Veterans Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for advising Management & Staff on Women Veteran issues and concerns, as well as improving the level of service provided to Women Veterans and their families.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Information Service Counselors by taking calls on the NVF’s LifeLine For Vets, with a focus on Women Veterans
- Advise Senior Management and NVF Staff on Women Veteran issues and concerns.
- Collaborate with Community Outreach Coordinator to Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances and other communication opportunities.
- Enter all Outreach efforts, contacts and services provided into the NVFs internal database(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Honorably discharged US Military Veteran
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record and insurance.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Social Work or related fields.
- One-year experience working with Veterans.
- Basic understanding of VA, CalVet, County and Nonprofit resources and support systems for Women Veterans; to include Mental and Physical Health, Education and Service-Connected Benefits and family services.
- Good written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in preparing reports.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Knowledge of social media and other platforms.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish. (If Possible)
Send CV/Resume to:
5777 W. Century Blvd, #350,
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Posting Open Until Filled